What to do and see – Great Ocean Road Tours
Melbourne things to do. Great Ocean Road Tour – 1 day
Price $ 85 pp – up to 24 people (or $ 590 per a car – up to 7 people)
It is the most popular destination from Melbourne. Out of all “Melbourne things to do”, Great Ocean Road tour in 1 day is the number one tour for all Melbourne guests. For Australian families visiting Melbourne. For overseas tourists. For guests of Melbourne residents.
We highly recommend you to consider Great Ocean Road tour in 2 days or in 3 days. With night stops in Warrnambool and Halls Gap (Grampians). See highlights on this page below.
The Great Ocean tour in 1 day starts at 9 am. We are to meet at the reception of your hotel or in the city. The whole distance to cover is around 550 km. Including some serpentine roads. One day Great Ocean Road takes around 11 hours. You will see around 70% of all main attractive places on the Road.
What to do and see in Great Ocean Tour – 1 day
- Scenic views from West Gate Bridge. Melbourne CBD. Port Phillip bay.
- Stop 1. World known Bells Beach. The most popular beach for surfers. Painting of aboriginal mythology.
- Outstanding views along the Surf Coast. Picturesque Southern Ocean.
- Stop 2. Wild grey kangaroos in their natural habitat. Golf course in Anglesea.
- Stop 3. Aireys Inlet. Easy walk to lighthouse and Split Point.
- Stop 4. Memorial Arch at Eastern View. History of the Great Ocean Road construction.
- Stop 5. Popular tourist town Lorn. Surf beach. Cafes. Scenic views. “From pier to pub”.
- Stop 6. Wildlife in Kennet River village. Koalas in their habitat. Feeding parrots. Possible to see kookaburras.
- Stop 7. Lunch in picturesque fishing town Apollo Bay.
- Stop 8. Native rainforest. The oldest jungles on the Earth. 150 million years. Fern gullies and giant eucalyptus. Easy walk.
- Move along the Shipwreck Coast with many scenic stops.
- Stop 9. Twelve Apostles. Easy walk. Scenic rocks. Helicopter flight.
- Stop 10. Easy walks. Picturesque views. Island Arch. Island Razorback. Loch Ard Gorge. The story of tragic shipwreck – Loch Ard.
- Stop 11. Popular Port Campbell. Picturesque fishing village.
- Coming back to Melbourne through farmers’ countryside.
- Scenic views on evening City lights from West Gate Bridge.
We recommend you to consider the same Great Ocean Road tour – 1 day in opposite direction. It gives the opportunity to be at the best scenic places BEFORE the main busses with tourists!!!
Melbourne things to do – Great Ocean Road tours – 2-3 days
Also highly recommend you Great Ocean Road Tours in 2-3 days.
There are some very important advantages of those tours:
- You can see 100% of Great Ocean Road tours’ main attractions.
- Visit 12 Apostles at sunset and in early morning.
- The Shipwreck Coast scenic lookouts in the morning sunlight.
- Warrnambool Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village.
- Tower Hill National Park.
- Grampians National Park.
- Ballarat. Sovereign Hill. Gold Rush. A historical open-air museum.