Melbourne what to do and see. Visit Tasmania – 2-3 days
Price $ 85 pp a day up to 24 (or up to $ 590 per a car a day – up to 7 people)
Visit Tasmania from Melbourne for 2-3 days. If you plan to be in Melbourne for 5 and more days. If you think what to do and see in Melbourne. Visit Tasmania.
Tasmania is one of the six states of Australia. The closest state to Tasmania is Victoria with its capital – Melbourne. There is a ferry “Spirit of Tasmania” that allows to travel from Melbourne to Tasmania with your own car. It is very convenient to spend on the ferry 2 nights and 2-3 days in Tasmania with your own car.
We recommend you to visit Tasmania if you have extra 2-3 days to spend in Melbourne. Beautiful nature of the island. Scenic combinations of forests, lakes and mountains. Picturesque views. Plenty of things to do and see in National Parks.
Of course 2-3 days can not give you a large picture of Tasmania. However, you will enjoy every day in the trip. You will see the most of the island’s best tourists’ attractions including:
- Ferry from Melbourne to Devonport Tasmania than drive to Launceston. Or a morning flight from Melbourne to Launceston Airport.
- Visiting the second largest city in Tasmania. Population of 106,150.
- The Launceston City Park. 45-55 Tamar St. Botanic garden. Especially wonderful in the Autumn and Spring times. Charming old homes. Back in time. Several ponds. Enclosure of Japanese Macaque monkeys.
- Cataract Gorge. 74-90 Basin Rd. Beautiful area of Tasmania. Located close to Launceston. Plenty of easy walks – up to 2-3 hours. Longest chairlift in Southern Hemisphere. Most visited tourist attraction in Tasmania. Tamar River cruises.
- Cradle Mountain National Park. Highly-popular walking tracks from easy to medium. Dove Lake easy/medium walk. 1535 m above sea level. The home of the Tasmanian Devil. The heart of the Tasmanian wilderness.
- Town Sheffield. Tens of paintings on the walls. Open-air museum of modern art. Good place to stay for a night.
- Driving to Hobart 392 km through Queenstown. Old cooper mines. National Parks. Beautiful views. Forests. Mountains. Lakes.
City Tour. The largest city and capital of Tasmania. Population 214,700. Day tour in Hobart. Main places to visit are the following:
- Salamanca Market – Salamanca place.
- Constitution Dock.
- MONA. Museum of old and modern art. 655 Main Road, Berriedale.
- Mount Wellington. Scenic Lookouts on Hobart and around.
- Cascade Brewery. 140 Cascade Rd. Bear Tasting.
- Royal Botanic Garden. Lower Domain Rd, Queens Domain.
- Seven Mile Beach.
- Hobart Wineries. Free Wine Tasting.
- Port Artur. 95 km from Hobart. Needs 4 hours from Hobart.