What to do Melbourne Adelaide Tour – 4-8 days
Price – $ 85 pp a day up to 24 (or $ 590 per a car a day – up to 7 people)
If your have 4-8 days to spend in Australia, we offer you one of the best possible tours. The tour from Melbourne to Adelaide for 4 – 8 days. This tour includes visiting the most beautiful places in the two states of Australia. Victoria and South Australia.
What to do in Melbourne – Adelaide Tour: The tour shows all the attractions of the Great Ocean Road. Three amazing national parks. The famous wine region in Australia. The mysterious Blue Lake. Petrified Forest. Kangaroo Island (2 days from Adelaide).
1. GREAT OCEAN ROAD. We plan to make one night stop at the end of Great Ocean Road – in Warrnambool:
- Make a stop in Geelong – the second largest city in the state of Victoria (around 190,000)
- The coastal scenic views of the Great Ocean Road. Bells Beach. Nice town Lorne. Fishing village Apollo Bay. Rainforest. The oldest jungles on the Earth.
- Twelve Apostles. Island Arch. Island Razorback. Loch Ard Gorge.
- Nice tourist town Port Campbell.
- Grotto, London Bridge. Bay of Islands.
- Night stop in Warrnambool (1st night).
- Warrnambool. Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village.
- Tower Hill. The first National Park in Victoria.
- Petrified Forest. Blow Hall. Great South West Walk.
- Town Portland. Victoria.
2. GRAMPIANS National Park. We plan to make the second night stop in Halls Gap:
- Night stop in Halls Gap (2nd night).
- MacKenzie Falls Lookouts. Bluff Lookout. Scenic easy/medium walks.
- Reeds Lookout. Easy/medium walk 100 m return. Victoria Valley. Lake Wartook. The Mt Difficult Range. Victoria Range. Serra Range.
- The Balconies. Jaws of death. Easy walk. Lookouts. Scenic views on Grampians National Park.
- Wonderland in Grampians. Grand Canyon. Easy/medium walk 900 m. Scenic views. Large rocks. Attractive for families with kids.
- Boroka lookout. Spectacular views on Halls Gap.Lake Bellfield. Farm plains to the east of the Grampians.
- Bambruk. The National and Cultural Centre. Aboriginal history and culture.
- Halls Gap Zoo. Wildlife tour in Halls Gap.
3. MOUNT GAMBIER. We plan to make the third night stop in town Mount Gambier.
- Night stop in Mount Gambier (3rd night).
- Famous Blue Lake. There is not any lake in the whole world like Blue Lake. The lake dramatically changes colour during the year. Easy walk around the lake. 3.6 km. Scenic Lookouts.
- Umpherston Sinkhole. The Sunken Garden. In the town Mount Gambier.
- Cave Gardens. Free entertainment complex. Close to the centre of Mount Gambier.
- Port MacDonnell. Fishing Town. Scenic views. Fresh fish and lobsters in the restaurants.
- Coonawarra Wine Region. Red soil. Wonderful Wineries. Free wine tasting.
- Naracoorte Caves National Park. Extensive fossil record. 26 caves in World Heritage Area.
- Scenic drive 350 km to Adelaide airport. End of Melbourne – Adelaide tour 4 days.
4. KANGAROO ISLAND (2-3 days). We plan to the make the 4th night stop in Adelaide.
Note. It is also possible and even better to make the 4th stop in Victor Harbour. This town is located much closer to the Kangaroo Island ferry terminal.
The 5th night stop in town Kingscote Kangaroo Island.
- Night stop in Adelaide (4th night).
- Scenic drive 112 km to Terminal Cape Jervis.
- Taking ferry to Kangaroo Island.
- Terminal Penneshaw. Kangaroo Island. 150 km long. 90 km wide.
- Flinders Chase National Park. Lunch at Visitor Centre. Platypus Waterholes Walk. Koalas, echidnas, kangaroos, possible platypus in their natural habitats.
- Remarkable Rocks. Fantastic Rocks from nowhere.
We recommend to visit Kangaroo Island at least for 2 days. In 2 days you can see around 80% of most interesting and attractive places on the Island.
- Night Stop in Kingscote Kangaroo Island (5th night).
- Admirals Arch. Scenic lookouts. Seal Colony.
- Koala walk and cafe.
- Vivonne Bay. The best beach in Australia.
- Little Sahara. White Dunes.
- Seal Bay visitor centre. Guided tours along the seals.
- Andermel Marron & Cafe. Two Wheeller Creak Wines. Free wine tasting.
- Night stop in Adelaide (6th night).
5. ADELAIDE (2 days). We plan to make 6th and 7th night stops in Adelaide.
- The Fleurieu Peninsula. Adelaide’s stunning beaches. Port Willunga, Normanville, Goolwa.
- Victor Harbor. 83 km from Adelaide. Victor Harbor Horse Drawn Tram to Granite Island. Works since 1894. Granite Island Penguin Centre. Winter time Southern Right whales watching.
- Visit the Adelaide Zoo (or Monarto Open Range Zoo). Giant Pandas. Over 1800 animals. Around 300 species of exotic and native mammals, birds, reptiles and fish.
- Adelaide Central Markets with many delights.
- North Terrace precinct. The Art Gallery of South Australia. The Botanic Gardens. The National Wine Centre. The South Australian Museum. Ayers House. Parliament House.
- Adelaide is the door to Australia’s largest wine regions. Over 200 cellar doors.
- Wine tasting in a wine tour in famous wine regions.
- Barossa Valley. Scenic views. Free wine tasting.
- Clare Valley. Scenic views. Free wine tasting.
- McLaren Vale. Scenic views. Free wine tasting.
Here we plan to finish our 8 days trip. It is possible to make the same Melbourne-Adelaide tour in more days to see much more attractive places. We recommend the best program on our choice. This program can be changed according to your choice and your schedule.